Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Dookie, however, treated me better this week, as did a shootout

I finished second in the Dookie, which was a turbo stud high game this week.

Really had a fun time, was unlucky not to win (doubled up my opponent headsup when he hit a longshot hand against me); as when the final hand played out I was determined to take to the felt as I started with A24, all clubs, on the button against my opponent who was showing an ace (I was showing the 4). 4th street gave me the 5c so I had a wheel draw and four flush. I made aces up but my opponent was showing had picked up two consecutive eights on board, so I knew I was likely behind. Sure enough I miss all my straight and flush outs and go home to a better two pair hand, as he did indeed have split aces.

Fun times were had by all.

[Edit] I also managed to "win" one of the crazy 50 FTP shootouts where all the bloggers have a prop bet going where you shove every hand and pay $11 each to the blogger who is the last man standing. That was me, and so far 6 of you have promptly paid up. Yay.

I suppose a few more will trickle in over the next day or so if people remember to pay up c/o my FTP ID, PirateLawyer.

1 comment:

BWoP said...

Congrats on the Dookie cash! It was fun playing w/you.