Monday, February 15, 2010

I felt a rush

I now see the appeal. About thirty hands into my first foray at FTP's Rush Poker, single-tabling a low stakes NL table, this happened:



Later I won another buy-in off someone who felt like gambling with AQo vs. my QQ.

And then another when someone shoved into me with a crappy ace, like so:



Sometimes, poker is easy.

Then, a lucky villain escaped a cooler situation with half of the pot:



NB: don't engage in fancy traps like I did here:



But do punish overpairs like this:



Finally I sucked out pretty nicely when I decided to gamble it up with AKs preflop against a couple of short stacks. I didn't figure on being in such bad shape, but I got there:



Overall, my initial impressions of Rush Poker are very positive; a common theme should be apparent from the hand histories above which is that nitting it up and taking good gambles when you have the proper overlay is very +EV. Once I built a big stack I consistently tried to play big pots only when I felt it was correct; I often employed small flop re-raises as a defensive tactic and I would often fold trouble hands (eg. top pair, third kicker) to real heat. I shall be sure to try some PLO tables next. I hear from reliable sources that they are as equally profitable as the NL tables I was playing tonight.

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

I'm guessing you'll chew them up in the PLO RUSH games. GL.

BWoP said...

You REALLY need to check out Rush PLO. It's been a gold mine for me so far.