Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year's Resolutions: Poker, part three

I should take the time to list some 2009 poker goals and review what I have done in 2008.

In 2008, I:

Was a winning live poker player (although I played very little in the second half of the year);

Rediscovered my enthusiasm and knack for non-hold'em poker variants, especially Stud8 and Omaha;

Was a winning player in the bloggaments (the Mookie, and especially the Skillz game, where I was the overall leader by a healthy margin);

And was a small loser in my online cash game play. This was primarily caused by some disaster sessions where I chased losses in juicy games past the point where I should have quit.

In 2009, I plan to:

Put in a lot of study time away from the felt;

Improve upon my 2008 online cash game performance;

Win a BBT4 seat and extend my streak to three consecutive ToCs;

Win another Mookie;

Post a winning live cash game year at higher limits;

Play in a WSoP event.

7 comments:

OhCaptain said...

They sound like some good goals. I'd like to play you heads up at the final table of a blogger gathering tournament.

kurokitty said...

Nice- thanks for the comments about the Hwang book...

Lategreatjc said...

Thanks for the note! It does look like there is a game in works! Meanhappyguy is hosting! Feb 7th is the date. He has a post about it. He is up in Seattle so I would hope you could make it. I think that my Betty will be there. I would like you to meet her. For some reason I want her to meet more bloggers. Do you capitalize bloggers? I don't want to offend anyone!

FYI OhCaptain umm how will you be sitting after the wicked suck out that I put on you!

MHG said...

You are more than welcome to join us in February. I can't think of anything else you need to bring... maybe a Schaubs?

Memphis MOJO said...

Did you get your user ID from the series of science fiction Shrike books?

Shrike said...

If you're referring to the Dan Simmons Hyperion series, then that's a qualified yes.

-PL

live voetbal said...

Nice blog! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog Pokerweblogs.com. It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract much more visitors to your blog.

Greets Peter