Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Year's Resolutions: Poker, part four

Imitate this guy ... since he started this year in a similar BR position to me. He's gone one way, and I've gone in the opposite direction. Go congratulate him on his success.

In other news, I was able to finally get some skiing in and enjoyed every minute of it. I recently updated my woefully outdated and well-used ski outfit, and was very pleased with my new ensemble of gloves and ski pants, which gave me very good ventilation. I'll be picking up a new ski jacket (a hard shell) to complete the outfit. I am a staunch proponent of the layer system, which lets you adapt to the conditions and the temperatures you're skiing in. There is nothing worse than being too hot or too cold and being unable to do much about it when you're up on the slopes.

Now if only Whistler could get enough snow to open up the entire mountain, life would really be good.

(And no, I don't want to talk about the Canucks. They are pathetic right now.)

No comments: