Monday, December 14, 2009

A WPBT substitute

Sadly, I didn't get to go to the WPBT this year. I had so much fun last year in my first appearance, that I was really gutted that I couldn't make the trip. However, family duties prevented a weekend in Las Vegas.

Oddly enough, I did manage to play some online poker hands and my own personal Ferguson experiment is going well (I've turned $5 into $250 during the past two weeks). I've been steadily crushing the low-stakes mixed games, with some occasional time put in at the micro-stakes PLO tables. Here is an example of the latter, where I actually hit one of many redraws on a nice freeroll opportunity:



In the second hand, I scooped a nice Stud eight-or-better pot (by far my most profitable game in the 7-game mix) and spent five minutes in chat baiting an apoplectic victim who didn't understand why I capped the betting on fourth street vs. multiple opponents ...

Limit Stud H/L

*** 3RD STREET ***
Dealt to Noobitronix [4s]
Dealt to Lefty_Two3 [Ah]
Dealt to DJrabibit [Ad]
Dealt to Brizzy23 [3h]
Dealt to KGB_05 [8d]
Dealt to PirateLawyer [8h 5h] [7d]
Brizzy23 is low with [3h]
Brizzy23 brings in for $0.05
KGB_05 folds
PirateLawyer calls $0.05 - I want to see a flop cheaply with many opponents in the hand
Noobitronix folds
Lefty_Two3 completes it to $0.20
DJrabibit calls $0.20
Brizzy23 folds
PirateLawyer calls $0.15 - I can still see a flop profitably three-handed at this price
*** 4TH STREET ***
Dealt to Lefty_Two3 [Ah] [7c]
Dealt to DJrabibit [Ad] [6c]
Dealt to PirateLawyer [8h 5h 7d] [6h] - boom! time to get busy with a disguised OESD; this is now quite a scooping hand opportunity
Lefty_Two3 bets $0.20
DJrabibit calls $0.20
PirateLawyer raises to $0.40
Lefty_Two3 raises to $0.60
DJrabibit calls $0.40
PirateLawyer raises to $0.80
Lefty_Two3 calls $0.20
DJrabibit calls $0.20
*** 5TH STREET ***
Dealt to Lefty_Two3 [Ah 7c] [Jc]
Dealt to DJrabibit [Ad 6c] [3d]
Dealt to PirateLawyer [8h 5h 7d 6h] [Ks]
Lefty_Two3 checks
DJrabibit checks
PirateLawyer bets $0.40
Lefty_Two3 calls $0.40
DJrabibit calls $0.40
*** 6TH STREET ***
Dealt to Lefty_Two3 [Ah 7c Jc] [As]
Dealt to DJrabibit [Ad 6c 3d] [9s]
Dealt to PirateLawyer [8h 5h 7d 6h Ks] [4h] - Eureka!
Lefty_Two3 bets $0.40
DJrabibit calls $0.40
PirateLawyer raises to $0.80
Lefty_Two3 calls $0.40
DJrabibit calls $0.40
*** 7TH STREET ***
Dealt to PirateLawyer [8h 5h 7d 6h Ks 4h] [Qh] - bonus flush!
Lefty_Two3 checks
DJrabibit checks
PirateLawyer bets $0.40
Lefty_Two3 calls $0.40
DJrabibit has 15 seconds left to act
DJrabibit folds
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PirateLawyer shows [Qh 8h 7d 6h Ks 4h 5h] a flush, Queen high, for high and 8,7,6,5,4, for low
Lefty_Two3 mucks
PirateLawyer wins the high pot ($3.63) with a flush, Queen high
PirateLawyer wins the low pot ($3.62) with 8,7,6,5,4
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $7.63 | Rake $0.38
Seat 1: Lefty_Two3 mucked [Kh Kc Ah 7c Jc As Tc] - HI: two pair, Aces and Kings
Seat 2: DJrabibit folded on 7th St.
Seat 3: Brizzy23 folded on 3rd St.
Seat 4: KGB_05 folded on 3rd St.
Seat 5: PirateLawyer showed [Qh 8h 7d 6h Ks 4h 5h] and won ($7.25) with HI: a flush, Queen high; LO: 8,7,6,5,4
Seat 6: Noobitronix folded on 3rd St.

I'm sure those of you who went to Vegas had a lot more fun than I did, but I had to make lemonade with the lemons I was dealt. I'm anxiously awaiting all the trip reports to hear about all the debauchery I missed out on.

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Sorry you missed Vegas (I did, too), but a straight flush is certainly fun!

Shrike said...

I had my opponent in a horrible spot when he put the rest of his money in, but I didn't actually make a royal flush. I did, however, make the nut flush.