Monday, June 8, 2009

Omaha is often a synonym for pain

Discuss villain's play here. Was his line sensible vs. the range of hands I could reasonably have?



Needless to say, I was ruefully pleased he didn't have a full stack to start the hand. It dulled the pain ... somewhat.

I actually turned a profit during this session, but this subtracted hugely from my bottom line. I have found that PLO8 is one of the most reliable, low-variance ways to build the ol' BR ... this example of a sick beat notwithstanding, because I love this sort of action and I do hold up my fair share of the time.

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

It looks to me that by the time he figured out he was beat, it was too late to back down.

Mike Heffner said...

He's fairly short compared to you and flopped middle set in a raised pot when you are likely to have AAwx or just a backdoor low draw with A2wx.

Why wouldn't he get it in? He's not going to worry about you holding KKxx or AdXdxx.